This healthy snack is out of this world!
1/2 head of cauliflower, florets only
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/2 cup onions, diced
1 TBS dried parsley
3 TBS almond meal
2 TBS corn meal
2 TBS chia seeds
salt and pepper, to taste
Optional: Poppy seeds and dried herbs of choice, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Chop cauliflower and onion in a food processor or blender if you don’t have one (like me)
3. Empty the mixture into a bowl and stir in the eggs
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the cauliflower and egg, and mix well
5. Roll into balls (approx 1 1/2 inches) and place on greased cookie sheet. Press with a spoon to flatten into rounds.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
I used a sprinkle of poppy seeds and a pinch or two of fennel seeds and dried sage.
This recipe was adapted from this: http://potluck.ohmyveggies.com/cauliflower-medallions-chia-seeds/#1MkIv86Rvw4OCA7t.99
I didn’t boil my cauliflower so the texture came out hearty, tasting a bit like a crab cake!